Life as a Venturer Scout
Venturer Scouts is for males and females aged 15 to 17 who never turn down a good challenge and love to push themselves to their limits. These ages may vary up to 6 months.
Venturer Scouts never turn down a challenge, in fact, they make their own! Scaling a 30m rock-face or abseiling into caves may frighten most people but Venturer Scouts face the challenge head on and then go white water kayaking! As a Venturer Scout you’ll work in Units with other Venturer Scouts and your Adult Leaders are always available to provide you with advice, encouragement, and support. As a Venturer Scout you’re given the freedom to choose your own activities, depending on your interests, because we know that you’re most motivated to achieve when you’re passionate about what you do.
As a Venturer Scout I’ve learnt the importance of challenging myself in order to grow. With the help of my friends at Scouts I’ve managed to experience some awesome things while working to achieve my goals, which is the best reward ever.
What Can I Do in Venturer Scouts?
- Travel overseas on exchange
- Dive the coral reefs
- Gain leadership qualifications and undertake accredited management courses
- Tackle white-water rapids in a kayak
- Study astronomy and meteorology
- Examine the importance of conservation
- Serve the community and understand good citizenship
- Gain first-aid qualifications
- Plan and participate in your own challenging expeditions
- Develop skills in the visual, performing, and literary arts
- Experience personal growth
- Make new friends with similar interests and extend your social life
- Abseil down cliffs, fly planes, hang glide, build bridges, mountain bike across real mountains – the possibilities are endless.
Be Prepared for New Adventure
Venturer Scout Meetings
Venturer Scout Units meet on a regular basis and Venturer Scout Leaders are simply there to provide adult leadership and support; they act as your Scouting mentors. Unit progress is discussed at meetings, along with how each Unit is turning their goals of the Venturer Scout Program into reality. Socialising is a must and strong bonds are formed through teamwork and a common desire to ensure that everyone becomes the best person they can be. If you’re a Venturer Scout your only limits are the ones that you set for yourself.
The shirt, belt, scarf and woggle form the uniform (a sunsafe hat is required for daytime) These items can be purchased from The Scout Shop – https://scoutshop.com.au
Around four to six weeks your child will be invested and this is when they will require their uniform
Please note that beige or stone coloured pants are worn on official Scouting events like ANZAC Day Marches etc.
For all your uniform requirements please visit our scouts shop.
Uniforms and Badge Placement
Venturer Scout Uniform
The Venturer Uniform consists of the dark blue shirt with the section colour, which is Maroon, across the sleeve, yoke and collar.